Knowledge and Experience Make a Difference
Deena McMahon is a St. Paul, Minnesota, licensed independent clinical social worker with significant experience and expertise in the following areas:
- Adoption Dynamics Ms. McMahon is recognized as a national expert on adoption issues from the viewpoint of both parents and children.
- Attachment Therapy For children who have experienced multiple disruptions, neglect, abuse or loss of family, Ms. McMahon offers strategies geared toward repairing the relationship between the parent and the child and facilitating the ability of the child to trust.
- Childhood Sexual Abuse With good and early intervention, children who have been sexually abused can, more often than not, go on to lead very positive lives.
- Childhood Trauma Ms. McMahon specializes in addressing the short- and long-term problems that children experience after being exposed to multiple and/or severe traumas.
- Custody Disputes Because these disputes can be extremely hard on children, Ms. McMahon focuses on helping all parties involved view the situation from the child's perspective.
- Diagnosing Young Children Using the DC 0-3 Protocol The earlier we identify and intervene with young children, the more positive the outcome.
- Domestic Violence Ms. McMahon performs evaluations of families in response to safety concerns. She assists in case planning and often does primary treatment with one or both parties.
- Grief and Loss Ms. McMahon became interested in the area of treating grief and loss issues in 1989, as a result of the death of her infant son.
- Parental Alienation When one parent attempts to turn the children against the other parent, the children can be terribly harmed.
- Returning soldiers face a loss of normalcy, loss of wellbeing, and loss of role. It’s more than a period of readjustment; it’s grieving for the loss of their previous life.
To discuss your needs with an experienced and respected mental health professional, contact McMahon Counseling and Consultation Services, LLC.