Assessments and Consultations
I am completely humbled to have had the opportunity to work with you, especially on this case. … It was an absolute pleasure working with you. I am beyond impressed with your evaluations and this was a huge learning experience for me.Leigha Sanow, LSW, Child Protection Specialist, Crow Wing County, MN
Solid Assessments, Effective Consultations
Deena McMahon is a licensed independent clinical social worker with more than 30 years of experience making a difference in the lives of her clients. Her St. Paul practice, McMahon Counseling and Consultation Services, LLC, provides a wide range of professional services, including:
- Clinical Consultation — For difficult cases that require expertise in child development, trauma, attachment and others of Deena’s specialties. She performs both program-wide and case-specific consultations.
- Forensic Assessments — Including parenting assessments, sibling relationship assessments and attachment assessments.
- Sibling Separation Assessments — Sometimes groups of siblings must be separated in foster care or adoption. Ms. McMahon assesses the issues and individuals involved and makes recommendations that are in the best interest of all concerned.
- Transition Planning for Children in Transition — A solid transition plan is imperative when a child must be moved from one family to another. Agencies, attorneys and individuals rely on Ms. McMahon’s expertise in transition planning. Her transition plan for Baby V was upheld by the U.S. Supreme Court in an Indian Child Welfare Act (ICWA) case.
- Parenting Time Studies and Consults — Courts have appointed Ms. McMahon to do parenting time studies; she has also been hired by parents or their attorneys in Minnesota and Michigan.
- Mental Health Diagnostic Assessments — An accurate diagnosis is the first step toward an effective treatment plan.
- Hague Convention Cases — Ms. McMahon is experienced in using the Well-Settled Criteria to make custody recommendations when one parent lives in the U.S. and the other lives in another country.
- Diagnosing Young Children Using the DC: 0-3R Protocol — The earlier we identify and intervene with young children, the more positive the outcome.
- Crisis Intervention — Known as the EMT of mental health, Deena can step into a crisis situation and coordinate the delivery of services so that the interests of the client are always placed first.
Please contact McMahon Counseling and Consultation Services to discuss your concerns or to schedule an appointment. We look forward to hearing from you.
From offices in St. Paul, McMahon Counseling and Consultation Services provides professional services throughout Minnesota and across the nation.