Presentations and Trainings
Informative Presentations and Trainings
Deena McMahon is a licensed independent clinical social worker who has spoken on a variety of mental health topics to a wide range of groups of parents and professionals in Minnesota and throughout the nation. Her presentations are well received because they provide real world examples from her own practice as well as information on the latest research in the field.
For mental health professionals and paraprofessionals, attorneys, judges, educators, adoptive parents, teachers and others.
Mental health professionals appreciate that Ms. McMahon provides effective tools they can take home and use in their own work. She focuses on hands-on approaches based on her own work in the field. Some of her trainings have been adopted by the Minnesota Department of Human Services as best practice protocol. These include trainings on transitioning kids in care and placement considerations in finding good matches in adoption. She also co-presents a workshop called RAD-LABS for parents of children with Reactive Attachment Disorder. Whether you need a speaker to address a group of adoptive parents, mental health professionals, attorneys or other interested groups, please contact McMahon Counseling and Consultation Services in St. Paul, Minnesota.
Top venues include:
- Keynote speaker at the Minnesota state judges conference and regional CJI conferences, “Impact of Abuse and Neglect on Childhood Development”
- Keynote speaker at state conferences for foster parents and guardians ad litem
- Presentations for state human services department meetings in Florida, Connecticut, Arizona, Mississippi and Michigan
- Connecticut state permanency planning conference
- Conferences on mental health diagnosis and treatment
- “Adoption Competency for Mental Health Professionals,” an all-day pre-workshop conference with Dr. Greg Keck from the Ohio Treatment Center at North American Council on Adoptable Children (NACAC)
- A four-part series on attachment with the University of Minnesota Center for Excellence for Children’s Mental Health
- Keynote speeches for organizations in California and Ohio
- Minnesota Family Lawyers Conference, “Impact of Disruptions in Childhood and Negative Impact On Their Mental Health”
“I take pride in being able to communicate complex ideas in clear, compelling language that educates, empowers and entertains. Theory is interesting, but people need to know what to do tomorrow.”Deena McMahon, MSW, LICSW
I cannot explain in words how important you were to the success of the conference. Today I had many folks come up to me to say how great you were and some who came to the conference because of your reputation as a speaker.
I have been doing this for over 15 years and can easily say you are one of the highlights and a favorite of mine (pretty impressive considering I have worked with over 200 presenters). I hope to work with you soon.
Thank you again for allowing us to shine as a conference with your incredible talent and ability, and your passion for helping people.Craig Ringness