Professional Mental Health Services
Deena McMahon is a licensed independent clinical social worker with more than 25 years of experience making a difference in the lives of her clients. Her St. Paul practice, McMahon Counseling and Consultation Services, LLC, provides a wide range of professional services, including:
- Presentations — For mental health professionals, adoptive families, attorneys, judges, teachers, school staff and other interested groups. Deena is an excellent speaker who has presented trainings, in-services, workshops and keynote addresses throughout the U.S.
- Trainings – Deena McMahon is a respected speaker and trainer who has presented trainings on a wide range of topics throughout the U.S. and Canada. She has trained mental health professionals and paraprofessionals, attorneys, judges, educators, adoptive parents, teachers and others.
- Clinical Consultation — For difficult cases that require expertise in child development, trauma, attachment and others of Deena's specialties. She performs both program-wide and case-specific consultations.
- Forensic Assessments — Including parenting assessments, sibling relationship assessments and attachment assessments.
- Expert Testimony — Deena has years of experience testifying in civil, family, juvenile and criminal court as an expert witness in matters involving child custody, child abuse and neglect, child sexual abuse, the Indian Child Welfare Act, Hague Convention Cases, and other areas of expertise. Articulate, authoritative and effective, she is regularly asked to testify in complex cases, including those involving appeals, retrials and cases that have been remanded.
- Sibling Separation Assessments — Sometimes groups of siblings must be separated in foster care or adoption. Ms. McMahon assesses the issues and individuals involved and makes recommendations that are in the best interest of all concerned.
- Transition Planning for Children in Transition — A solid transition plan is imperative when a child must be moved from one family to another. Agencies, attorneys and individuals rely on Ms. McMahon's expertise in transition planning. Her transition plan for Baby V was upheld by the U.S. Supreme Court in an Indian Child Welfare Act (ICWA) case.
- Crisis Intervention — Known as the EMT of mental health, Deena can step into a crisis situation and coordinate the delivery of services so that the interests of the client are always placed first.
- Counseling/Therapy — For individuals, families, couples, children, parents and mental health professionals.
- Mental Health Diagnostic Assessments — An accurate diagnosis is the first step toward an effective treatment plan.
- Hague Convention Cases — Ms. McMahon is experienced in using the Well-Settled Criteria to make custody recommendations when one parent lives in the U.S. and the other lives in another country.
- RADLABS— Ms. McMahon developed and co-leads this intensive training program for those parenting children with Reactive Attachment Disorder.
- >Diagnosing Young Children Using the DC: 0-3R Protocol — The earlier we identify and intervene with young children, the more positive the outcome.
Please contact McMahon Counseling and Consultation Services to discuss your concerns or to schedule an appointment. We look forward to hearing from you.
From offices in St. Paul, McMahon Counseling and Consultation Services provides professional services throughout Minnesota and across the nation.