An Experienced, Effective Expert Witness
More Than 100 Trials
Deena McMahon, LICSW, MSW, has served as an expert witness in more than 100 trials. She provides expert testimony regarding the forensic assessments she prepares.
"My objectivity has earned me a high degree of respect and credibility throughout the state."
She has been an expert witness in criminal and family court trials involving a variety of subjects, including:
- Child abuse
- Termination of parent rights
- Parental alienation
- Child custody disputes
- Hague Convention Cases using the Well-Settled Criteria
- Indian Child Welfare Act (ICWA) cases
- Contested placements
- Sibling assessments
- Transition planning
- Impact of domestic violence on the welfare of children
- Impact of trauma and neglect on child development
- Parenting time
- Grandparent rights
- Students' rights to services from the educational systems, including those involving IEPs and 504 Plans
- Personal injury, wrongful death and mass tort cases involving child welfare and mental health issues
An Authoritative Source
Attorneys from around the state and across the nation have retained Ms. McMahon as an expert witness in the child welfare arena. She is an articulate and authoritative witness who responds to tough questioning with knowledge, skill and confidence. Part of her role is to educate the stakeholders, including the attorneys, judge and jury.
Her reputation as an expert witness is enhanced by the fact that she has provided trainings and educational presentations to social workers, therapists, parents, police, attorneys and judges about child welfare issues.
If you are seeking a respected expert witness with a winning reputation, please contact Deena McMahon and McMahon Counseling and Consultation Services.